100 facts about Norway
Russian shares interesting facts about life in Norway.
1. Norway - fantastic country. The rich and varied nature, huge reserves of energy resources and their rational development of Norwegians do extremely wealthy nation.
2. The population of Norway is negligible - they are not up to 5 million people. It is about a quarter of modern Moscow. Over 1, 5 million Norwegians live in Oslo, and its suburbs. Any city with a population of more than 30 thousand. Is considered to be large.
3. Know that 100% of Norway's great talk, write and read in English. Children learn the language already with 5-6 years or sooner. Any child older than 10 can easily be explained to you in English. The exception - a very little old seniors 75+.
4. The Norwegians love and appreciate the sea. They prefer not to live further 200-300 meters from the water, or in its line of sight. Those who live in the depths of the country, you still buy a second house by the sea. Boats or boats have 80% of the population.
5. Norway is incredibly variable climate. Fog, sun, strong wind, rain, and fog can again be replaced with a fantastic rate. Norwegians have even invented the saying: "Do not like our weather? Wait for 15 minutes. "
6. The nature of Norway's magnificent and diverse. Forests, mountains, rivers, lakes, the sea, and everything else - in pristine condition. Attitude to nature is very gentle. Poachers not waste too virtually none. Thanks to the sea, no mosquitoes and other insects vermin. Not hot in summer ... paradise!
7. According to the law, any citizen of the country and its guest has the right to unimpeded access to all natural resources without restrictions - as in the forest and the sea. You can walk and swim wherever possible. If the land is privately owned and fenced, it is advisable to ask for permission to be polite.
8. Stories that Norway is very expensive country - true. In general, all products are expensive, and the most common products are everywhere in the "ABC of Taste". Go to the supermarket and spend 200 euros, not really buying anything - easily. Even more expensive will cost the services (such as taxis or building) - they are just unreal money. Petrol almost 2 euros per liter. Taxes on cars - mad. In this case, Norway - 2nd in Europe, oil-exporting countries. Giants such as Shell and Statoil - Norwegian. 9. Products in Norway - the highest quality. Especially dairy. Local ice cream - just super. Even McDonald's hamburger meat in quite edible. By the way, here are the most expensive burgers in Europe. By the same principle, any ordinary fast food is worth the nightmare of money. In an ordinary pizzeria to pay 200 euros for 4 without alcohol - the norm. In this case, the pizza itself - not very.
10. Compliance with laws and the lack of crime - almost everywhere. Theft is impossible for most residents. Only the large retail chains have a frame detectors stolen goods output, or a surveillance camera. For the rest, they are almost nowhere to be found.
11. Almost 100% of the population is connected to a high speed internet access. Due to the climate and long distances, a lot of Norwegians sit on the network.
12. The Norwegians love and protect their monarchy. Adult population to a greater extent than young, proud that they have kept the royal family.
13. In comparison with other Europeans, virtually any Norwegian, leaving the country - a mini-oligarch. In Asia, so do kings. The average salary for many Norwegians can be up to 5-7 thousand. Per month. Thus, for visiting local prices impossibly high, but for the local all ok.
14. Sea and lake fishing in Norway - a paradise for the connoisseur. Fish and various marine reptiles incredible array. Fishing areas are only in the northern regions, and from the city of Bergen and the south - no fishing. Catch is always possible and in any weather, almost anywhere. Crabs, clams, sea snails and other goodies, too, in abundance. Licenses for fishing are not needed.
15. That is why many Europeans have recently developed a profitable hobby: travel to Norway on auto-refrigerators, living in the cheapest cabins or tents, fishing two weeks without a break, zatarivatsya fish 6 months in advance, and go back. The Germans, the Dutch and Belgians, perhaps, the most active. 16. The Norwegians do not collect forest products, not versed in mushrooms and berries, herbs do not know the properties. Therefore, a good season all this stuff just heaps. The mushroom crop year is so much that for 2-3 hours one person can assemble a 100-liter bag of selected white. About blueberries, wild raspberries and blackberries do not say - is growing everywhere like weeds.
17. Norwegians scary surprises and delights Russian knowledge of mushrooms and berries. Many believe that we are brave and risky people, if we leave the forest to collect them. Try refuse. The supermarket also easily take greenhouse mushrooms and chanterelles, completely ignoring the forest 10 meters from the house. At first it is shocking.
18. Spirits in Norway just do not buy it! It is sold only in special shops - Vinmonopolet. Translated as alco-monopoly. It belongs to the state. They work strictly from Monday to Friday in the capital like there and Saturday shops are open hours to a maximum of 7, with a big break for lunch at midday. And there they are not everywhere. Alcohol there insanely expensive: a bottle of vodka for 70-100 euros - is the norm.
19. In supermarkets you can only buy beer or cider is not tight 5, 2 degrees. Anything higher, including wine - only in the restaurant, the bar, or as already mentioned - in Vinmonopolete.
20. Drink Norwegians love, but do not know how. Get drunk quickly, lose their minds as quickly behave noisy and funny. Opohmel skills or knowledge of how to energize or cabbage cucumber brine, no fact. Come to freak out if they lead to feelings of such a simple way.
21. Norway has the largest extent of fjords in the world. Fjord - a wide, often tortuous and deep channel with rocky cliffs, plunges from the sea inland for many kilometers. Fjords there are in Canada, Chile, and New Zealand. Those that are in Norway - the most beautiful.
22. Norwegian - mediocre women from the point of view of beauty. Medium height, stocky, solid build with wide-set eyes, snub-nosed, and tend to be very independent. 23. But the Norwegians male opposite: tall, athletic, many natural blondes, a kind of Viking with a big smile and blue eyes. You can see why they are not always in a hurry to marry local Norwegians.
24. Many Norwegian children are extraordinarily beautiful. Blond, slim, sports, some with curly hair - visible purity genetic lines. Children are raised strictly enough. Pamper pending.
25. You can go all day on the central part of Norway, however, and any other part of it, and does not meet any of the police car. Or the police officers themselves. But the tractor on the road at a speed of 40 kilometers per hour - quite common.
26. Every day is like the previous one. In the sense that all flows very calm and measured. Norwegians work starts at about 10 am, and by the 4th already rounded. The output only open restaurants or supermarkets. Nobody especially not in a hurry.
27. Skiing and snowboarding kataetcya almost 100% of the population. Women are often better than men.
28. The children put on a ski from 4-5 years. See how Dad pushes down the baby with a very respectable age for such a roller coaster - a normal thing. Children age 10 and make me, a man with 12 years of experience, almost without straining.
29. On country roads, usually next to a farm, you can often find a table with vegetables or fruit. And the price tag is how much. It also will stand scales, bags for shopping, and a jar of money. This kind of self-service. Everything is built on trust. no one is around.
30. Young Norwegians and even middle-aged people are very fond of science fiction and fantasy as a genre. Films such as "The Lord of the Rings" or "Star Wars" are very popular.
31. Most of the programs on TV - English-speaking, with a maximum of Norwegian subtitles. It is very convenient.
32. Dress casually and Norwegians are very simple as a whole, and the whole of Europe. To see beautifully dressed girl or guy - difficult.
33. The local cuisine - simple and unpretentious. They are ready to put it mildly, not very. But the Norwegians have succeeded in harvesting fish recipes:.., Dried, salted, smoked, etc., more delicious. Seafood cooking made simple: a minimum of any supplements, minimum processing. Try the local fish spawn in iron tubes type RekerOst - very tasty. 34. The majority of Norwegians - educated and gullible people. The older generation is quite pedantic, many watch over the traditional way of life and in business.
35. Get a very large bank loan under 3-4 per cent per annum - is a snap. In general, everything is done for the sake of man. You can plan your life for 10 years ahead, including any costs and promotion of career. And come to pass the plan.
36. The ratio of the low-key, but friendly to foreigners. Norwegians quietly invited to visit, share a meal, help advice. To have good friends is possible.
37. Outside of the big cities of the active life almost none. No clubs, no cinema, no shopping centers. However, and themselves Norwegians too few.
38. The Government strongly supports the employment of the population at least something. Subsidies have in many areas of private business. So, you can buy 30 pieces of sheep, to beat them in the ears of the tag, declare the state that I am now a happy farmer, and let graze the whole year on any island. For this you can get from the state subsidies, technology, benefits. At the end of the year to catch and sell - and a little more money.
39. The killing at least one person being discussed on national TV and radio at least a week. Robbery too.
40. The roads in Norway very good, but almost all the regional transport network - odnopoloska. Highway offers only one lane in each direction. It's scary annoying.
41. In recent years, Norway has increased the influx of immigrants from other countries. And not only from traditional African or Asian - but we met even the Chechens! Most immigrants behaves arrogantly, do not want to integrate, language is not taught, slipping into the group, breed like cockroaches, do not like to run and operate the system. 10 years ago this was not.
42. To learn the Norwegian language or Norsk, is quite difficult. Many jumping intonations raznokorennyh words. But if you try - you can in two years. 43. Many young Norwegians complain about the boring life, excessive adherence to laws, high prices and difficult climate. Yet proud to be a part of and the nation.
44. In the summer of the southern part of the country - a very warm place. Strawberries, plums and pears ripen in abundance. The water in some areas is heated to 20 degrees, and a lot of fun to swim in the North Sea. You can even tan.
45. Flying an airplane in the country and beyond, - very cheap. In this case, the quality of service is higher than that of the European air-discounters. Fly to Dubrovnik from Bergen (3, 5 hour flight) for 40 euros, or 35 to Amsterdam from Oslo - a common occurrence.
46. With smoking tobacco fight unrealistic prices. However, the Norwegians like to smoke. Many people buy the shredded tobacco in bricks and smoke cigarettes, or carry cigarettes from duty free.
47. In Norway, the largest total number of tunnels in Europe. They are simply hundreds everywhere. There is one that passes under the sea strait at a depth of 287 m below sea level. Some tunnels are paid, as well as some bridges.
48. Rent a car, even the most simple - very expensive. 2-3 times more expensive than in some European countries. Gasoline is very small. Diesel - is everything.
49. Norway is the northernmost point of mainland Europe. Called the North Cape, it is on the edge of a cliff in the far north. In good weather you can see the edge of the glaciers of the Arctic.
50. In spite of the geographical proximity to Sweden, Norway people - other people. In general, among the Scandinavians, they should be the most original. Nature, too, is different.
51. Funds that Norway receives from the sale of resources are allocated wisely. Norway has just unreal amount of real estate and land abroad. But more about that very few people know - prefer to keep a low profile.
52. In view of the large number of islands and straits, is very well developed ferry network. Ferries go anywhere and often. You can save hours of paths, sat on the ferry. Basically, on his car. Sami ferries are large, comfortable, and relatively inexpensive. 53. In Norway, the permitted catch sea crabs - but forbidden to catch lobster. If the lobster gets to you to krabolovku, which happens quite often, according to the rules he should be released. The question - "What do you do with the lobster?" - most Norwegians smiles, and says that of course let this wonderful arthropod at will - while slyly winking. Sell live lobsters in the fish market, catching them painted by the quotas.
54. In Norway, cheap silver. Silverware good quality.
55. If you are visiting a tourist, do not forget to ask for tax-free wherever visit. It is possible to issue almost everywhere and on any goods from the purchase amount equivalent to 50 euros. As a result, you can return up to 30% of the money spent.
56. Norwegian folklore hero, troll - a very popular symbol of many institutions. Despite the very devilish appearance, trolls - they are the spirits of nature, they will protect and even help good people. Here's a fun fact: take troll figure, put side by side, and try to compare it with the appearance of the surrounding local people, especially women. The attentive observer will discover unexpected similarities!
57. Pets, especially dogs, are extremely educated. Little bark, very friendly, and did not interfere with the owners. Even with each other, they are very reticent.
58. Print the Norwegian in itself is not easy. Many people prefer not to get involved. But if you have your - do not expect anything good. In anger, the Norwegians are terrible.
59. Energy in Norway are crazy money. 4 weeks in a family of 5 can easily ugrohat around 1000 euros for the electricity. And even more. Be very rational when their energy and costs.
60. Custody of children and young people is very strong. It is not uncommon for the kindergarten goes 20-30 kids from one place, and nobody else. For other build another garden. And it's not just a house with a game room. This is a complex of fields, changing rooms, toilets, kitchens and so on. N. At the entrance to take off your shoes. To be a child in Norway - grace. 61. The high-rise buildings and residential complexes is small, almost none. Most people live in private homes. Houses are simple, but comfortable. They are usually painted in red or blue and white, often with a lawn from a field of grass on the roof. This is not only a tribute to tradition - such a wonderful roof insuliruet winter. It looks funny.
62. The well-known facts about Norway not so much. The most famous association - is the Vikings, Edvard Grieg, mountains, fjords and trolls.
63. Most of the income of the economy comes to the treasury from oil sales. Next is the marine industry, ship building, engineering and construction of deep-water platforms.
64. The northern part of the country is very different from the southern climate. In winter, the north is cold and snowy. In the south, there may be no snow and winter temperatures above zero.
65. In the market or in the supermarket you can buy whale meat. It is small and it is expensive. Whale meat is dark, almost black, the taste - like elk. Sell steaks and ground beef.
66. In some areas, the local fauna is quite accustomed to the proximity of the person. Pigeons in the square can sit directly on the hand and dashing start to eat your bun. Seagulls can hover a meter from the deck of a ferry passing and missed bread thrown on the fly.
67. Engineering colleges, the Naval Academy, as well as oil and gas institutions - is very prestigious.
68. By tradition, every man must make for themselves a knife and sheath. With his hands. All you have to do this, is sold in abundance. Blade blanks, tools, leather. Especially good grip from scraps of Karelian birch. It is difficult to handle, but it is beautiful and durable.
69. Along the road you can often find small cairns. They are called "Tor" and nobody touches it. Previously, they were stacked so as not to go astray after a snowfall or thick fog. Now it is - a fun tradition.
70. Wildlife and wild animals are many. Runs out into the road or a deer prancing deer - not a rarity.
71. Drinking Norwegians clink glasses and say "Skol!" In this case, the letter "O" sounds like a cross between the most "o" and "e". Tostovat pending. 72. The population is not very religious. Church and churches, of course, there are but few. At the service go mostly adults.
73. If you live in nature in his house, and have only electricity - can be up to 80% of the land to feed themselves. The sea is rich in any marine food, the water in the streams and lakes of many drinking without prior treatment, and forests rich in game and fruits. However, the population is very secured, and generally does not burden the nature of their presence.
74. Norwegians nothing, and there is no need to share with each other. In addition, many people are usually familiar. As a consequence, the complete absence of hassle or hostile groups. But visitors who generously allowed to come and live in the country, the local is often closely their behavior and arrogance.
75. Find a decent Russian food is not easy. They are easier to order through the Internet delivery. But there are exceptions. For example, in supermarkets yogurt is sold everywhere. Almost like ours. But pickle cucumbers or ferment the cabbage easier for yourself.
76. If you ask for, then for a short time you can get a meeting with the Prime Minister of the country. This does not have to be known oligarch, a member of his party or classmates from college.
77. If the owners are at home, decided to raise the national flag on the flagpole next to the house. For many it is. When leaving it is lowered.
78. Respect for private property respected everywhere. During the day most of the houses are not locked at all, except for housing in big cities - and it's completely safe. Go on a visit made at the invitation.
79. In recent years, the country is very popular online poker. Today it is a common tendency in all of Scandinavia. Norwegian players are popular and very dangerous: they are aggressive, persistent and prudent. Many achieve excellent results on the world poker scene.
80. In the present Norwegians can bring high-quality alcohol. From the hands of Russian it is even recommended. No cliches in this. 81. When sea fishing many people want to try the lake or river. Often, at the entrance to the freshwater lake can be found a poster, prohibits the use of marine gear in the lake. In a particularly fish lakes at the entrance there are machines with detergent for your fishing rods and tackle. This measure prevents marine microorganisms on the gear to move into fresh water. Cases of contamination by algae were.
82. In Norway, there are practically no expensive cars on the roads. In half of the cases at the wheel of new S-Slasse or BMW X6 are Germans or other Europeans.
83. Meet on the streets begging is almost impossible. Except there are only big cities, and almost always one of the immigrants. In the nineties, this was not all.
84. Register your own company is quite simple. Be prepared to pay higher taxes, and remember that the Norwegians are very conservative in the choice of goods and services.
85. Close to Oslo there is a beautiful amusement park. There's a very interesting and fun, bursts quite a bit.
86. The Civil Aviation Pilots - the guys are cold-blooded and fearless. Takeoff and landing are often very rapid, and the weather is not the most ideal. But it is justified - around solid mountains, direct sites are not many, and it is necessary to take off quickly. Dozens of flights across the country under very stringent conditions I have repeatedly proved their professionalism.
87. Traveling in Norway, do not take the money and treat yourself to the traditional wool sweater! Usually, they are painted in colorful ornament, sometimes deer, in blocks or polylines. Cost can be very expensive, from 300 euros - but the quality is excellent, and will last you an incredibly long time without efflorescence and not sitting.
88. Unless it's an alien or immigrant, chances are that the street you have to shoot a cigarette - zero. If you do share it with a friend, he will try to return it to you.
89. Local residents are not likely to be overweight. A lot of the time they spend at sea and fresh air, the food is greasy and good quality. Fast food quite a bit. 90. Marrying Norwegian wife are very thrifty. Often they are very educated, hardworking and educated. Given the fact that many people inherit the benefits for several generations, often women are quite wealthy even before the marriage.
91. All cars on Norwegian roads have a built-in always-on mode beam. He did not disable in most cases. This is due to the changeable weather.
92. To rent a boat with an engine of less than 9 liters. from. management license is not required. To rent anything more powerful and faster, with no special water rights is almost unreal.
93. The English word Thursday (Thursday) is derived from the name of the Norse god of thunder Thor (Thor). At first, the day was called Thor's day.
94. Throwing boast, show off and show-off the Norwegians are not held in high esteem. Basically so behave immigrants and tourists.
95. Russian a little, almost none. It is good for our citizens tend to foul and behave provocatively. Lately, more often in the summer, our visitors became more. Most secured and yet behave in a civilized manner.
96. Go to the grocery store, get a large fridge with bags of frozen shrimp sold weighted, put them in Thermo, weigh, pay - and the house just piled in the kitchen sink and turn on the hot water. Once the shrimp thaw and heat up, remove and serve. Shrimp are juicy, fragrant and already quite salty. No cooking or preparing them is not necessary to specifically.
97. Find a sushi restaurant or cafe, where sushi is served almost unreal. They are only in Oslo, Bergen, and it seems in Stavanger. In other cities, there is just one such institution. Quality is very modest. And, of course, expensive.
98. Private life of citizens rarely becomes public domain. Climb into other people's relationships are also not accepted. Norwegians are generally not subject to whom the personal or falling.
99. In the summer of Norwegians love to go to a warmer climate, while not opposed to go there, where the heat and also have mountain views. For example, you can find them in Croatia, Montenegro, western Italy. 100. I love Norway, its austere and majestic nature, calm and Nezlobnaya residents.