Winter Nizhny Novgorod
• Winter Nizhny Novgorod
Nizhniy Novgorod is located 400 kilometers east of Moscow, at the confluence of the Oka and Volga rivers. Oka divides the city into two parts - the Sermon "upper" and Zarechnaya "Lower". The city is located on the fifth place in terms of population in the Russian Federation (more than 1, 2 million) and is the center of the Volga Federal District. History of Nizhny Novgorod has more than 800 years. During this time, its territory has accumulated a lot of historical and cultural attractions that have shaped the modern face of the city.
Nizhniy Novgorod was founded in 1221 by Grand Prince Yuri Vsevolodovich - the grandson of the founder of Moscow Yury Dolgoruky and the great-grandson of the Kiev Prince Vladimir Monomakh. Since the reign of Alexander III Nizhny Novgorod started to become a center of merchants nationwide. With the opening in 1822 of the Nizhny Novgorod Fair Nizhny Novgorod became the capital of national and international trade. In 1929, the Fair has been closed, and the city's economy began to develop in a completely different direction.
C in 1932 the city was the name of the writer Maxim Gorky. The Soviet city of Gorky became one of the largest industrial centers of Russia, in which the leading role belonged to the enterprises of mechanical engineering, metalworking and information technology. At the same time the first automaker Gorky Automobile Plant was built. October 22, 1990 the historical name was returned to the city.
Minin and Pozharsky Square - the central square of the city
Nizhny Novgorod Kremlin - the main attraction of the Lower.
Initially, since the founding in 1221, strengthening the protection of the city were built of wood and earth and is a deep ditches and high ramparts. Stone Nizhny Novgorod Kremlin began in 1515, when there was a need to strengthen the defense of the city - the main stronghold of the Moscow State against the Kazan Khanate.
The new Kremlin was surrounded by a two-kilometer wall with 13 towers. In the XVI century it was repeatedly besieged by the enemy, but the enemy has never been able to master it.
Demetrius tower - main tower and the main gate of the Nizhny Novgorod Kremlin. It is the unofficial symbol of the Nizhny Novgorod.
Taynitskaya Tower and Kremlin Boulevard
Michael the Archangel Cathedral
Monument hip architecture of the XVII century on the territory of the Nizhny Novgorod Kremlin. It was laid simultaneously with the base of Nizhny Novgorod in 1221. Then the church was made of wood. But already in 1227 the church was rebuilt in stone. The existing building was built in 1628-1631 gg.
The cathedral is the tomb of Kuzma Minin.
The Nizhny Novgorod regional trade union organizations (Oblsovprofa)
The building was built in 1904. It houses the City Duma of Nizhny Novgorod. Since the end of 1919, and today the house belongs to the trade union organizations. First it was provincial, then the edge, and then the Regional Council of Trade Unions.
"Pokrovka" (Pokrovskaya Street) - pedestrian street in the historic city. Tourists often call it the Nizhny Novgorod Arbat.
Most of the Intercession is one of the oldest streets in Nizhny Novgorod and until 1917 was considered noble. The name of the Great Intercession street had once stood on her Intercession Church. In Soviet times it had the name of Sverdlov, who was born here.
Connects the area of Minin and Pozharsky, the waterfront district. Volga. The staircase starts from the observation deck near the monument to Chkalov (hence its name). Initially, the staircase was called Stalingrad, as was laid in honor of the victory in the Battle of Stalingrad in 1943 and built, including the forces of German prisoners.
Upper Volga Embankment
Area of People's Unity
On the square is a monument to Minin and Pozharsky - an exact copy of the monument, established in Moscow in front of St. Basil's Cathedral.
From Soviet times until 2005, the area was known as staples because located next to the house in the form of staples.
Church of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God
Christmas street - a unique open-air museum, where only stone houses, the ancient history of which begins in the middle of the XVIII century.
Officially there are 35 monuments.
A pedestrian viaduct over the ravine Sergius.
Pedestrian bridge over the ravine of the Assumption.
The city is one of the largest river tourism centers in Russia. The port receives ships from St. Petersburg - Moscow - Nizhny Novgorod - Astrakhan.
The length of the city along the Oka River 20 km, along the Volga - about 30 km.
In total, Nizhny Novgorod 6 bridges built across the Oka River. Of these, 4 bridges connect the upper and lower parts of the city.
The first permanent bridge across the Oka town.
on the bridge traffic was opened in 1933.
Alexander Nevsky Cathedral Novoyarmarochny
The Cathedral is the third largest height among the churches after Russia Christ the Savior Cathedral in Moscow and St. Isaac's Cathedral in St. Petersburg.
In July 1881 the church was consecrated in the presence of Emperor Alexander III. In the post-revolutionary period the church was closed. During the Great Patriotic War on the central drum of the cathedral was installed anti-aircraft battery, defending Nizhniy Novgorod sky over from enemy bombing. Later in the cathedral building was a fire that destroyed the old paintings on the ceilings and walls. In 1983 he began the restoration of the Cathedral, and 9 years later the church was returned to the diocese.
Nizhny Novgorod Fair
Fair goes back almost five centuries of history. In the XIX century the fair value of the acquired "ustavschitsy all Russian trade" - is East meets West. It was the biggest trade fair in Russia (1817-1917, 1921-1929).
Now Nizhny Novgorod Trade Fair - one of the largest exhibition complexes in Russia. Every year more than 60 exhibitions have become a platform for the presentation of innovative projects and new scientific developments.
Nizhny Novgorod Metro Bridge
Combined bridge over the Oka in dash Lower Novgorod between Molitovskim Kanavinskaya and bridges in an alignment of the Station streets and Chernigov.
In the upper tier of the bridge is a road with two lanes in both directions, in the lower paved the way for the Nizhny Novgorod Metro trains ferrying "Moscow" - "Gorky".
The bridge is about 1, 3 km.
The denouement at the station
Startup full Implemented November 4, 2012, simultaneously with the opening of the hauls "Moscow" - "Gorky".
There are several major shopping malls, including Central Department Store (TSUM). In the early 90-ies in the area has its first McDonald's Nizhny Novgorod, in which queues from the subway exit.
Moscow railway station
Each year, the station serves about 7 million passengers.
between Nizhny Novgorod and Moscow ply high-speed trains "Sapsan" and "Swallow" with a total duration of a trip to one side for about 4 hours.
It is expected that by 2018, the station will be completely renovated.
The hotel "Marins Park Hotel" on Lenin Square.
Church of Our Savior
Church of the Sign of the Mother of God and the saints Myrrhbearers
Annunciation monastery - the oldest monastery, founded in the beginning of XIII century.