Walk through the abandoned Lutheran Church in St. Petersburg
• Walk through the abandoned Lutheran Church in St. Petersburg
Recently I was able to visit the Lutheran Church of St. Anne in St. Petersburg, or rather that is left of it. The church has experienced everything that is possible, and to have survived in a sad, but it is the restored version.
A brief excursion into the history of the Church of St. Anne.
July 20, 1775 was laid a new stone church designed by architect Yury Felten. The consecration of the church took place on October 24, 1779.
In 1826, the former Fourth Artillery Street (formerly Fifth Line) called Kirochnaya - at the Lutheran church of St. Anne.
In 1935 the church was closed, and in 1939 the architects Alexander and Leo Gegello indirectly it was adapted for the cinema, called "Spartacus."
In March 1992, the church resumed Sunday service, which lasted until September 1997.
In 1998-2000, the cinema has been reconstructed into a live club with the same name. Performed, for example, such a group now known as the "King and the Clown", "Corrosion" and many others.
The main staircase.
Parallel to the concerts in the hall continued to hold film screenings, but the building has been purchased by the company "Erato".
In February 2002, the city government held a meeting during which it was decided to return the church building. At the same time planned to liquidate or reorganize legally still existing cinema "Spartacus" and the company "Erato" force the courts to clean its premises. In mid-August 2002, Archbishop Georg Kretschmar has signed an agreement on the protection of monuments. 2 October 2002 municipal property management has filed a lawsuit against the company "Erato" for the release of the church building. November 18, 2002 the claim was satisfied, and December 6, 2002 a fire occurred in the St. Anne church building in which it is completely burned Currently being restored Annenkirhe. City restored the facade and the roof, and all the internal work will be conducted at the expense of sponsors and donations of parishioners. Approximate recovery time interior of the church - 10 years.
columns, railings - all original.
The main hall. Here also there was a large body, but he did not survive.
The restored ceiling.
Inside the dome.
On the roof of the church. The roof is also new.
That is the reconstructed one room where services are conducted on holidays.