How to forge a rose
• How to forge roses
Victor Mizgiryov met me at the gate of the populous Izmailovskii "Vernissage" and confidently led deep into the complex: "There are many people on weekends, not everyone finds the right way." Soon we stopped at a large iron door with a sign "Forge".
So far, I was only in large forging shops of large plants, and only imagine might look like a forge creative person. Behind the door, I saw exactly what I pictured my imagination: a spacious room, some studded medley scale anvils, bursting with heat furnace, where the set of forceps of different shapes hanging. To workbenches - tools and metal cutting. However, instead of burly fellow-blacksmith in the smithy stood hydraulic hammer.
As I looked around, Victor has already put on the gloves and throw in the oven portion of coal. "Well, you're wondering what to show?". It was very interesting just to watch the process, but to see the birth of a piece of metal strip something historic was just above my expectations.
Viktor, without thinking twice, said he will forge a couple of loops and zasopozhny knife novogorodets. With these words the smith went to work. Several bands have gone to bask in the horn.
Little by little, we talked with Viktor, and I asked how he became a blacksmith.
- By chance. I was more involved in the restoration, and it took me a sly chisel - so cunning that you will not find anywhere else such. Is that to do. That's how I got to the smithy. And then a matter itself. Victor deftly grabs the tongs white-hot metal strip from the forge, and goes on to tell how the case made it to replace the blacksmith in his hometown of Great Ustyug.
- Sometimes, seventy-two hours from the forge he continued. How else? Is the harvest, on the floor is such a mountain plowshares and all the curves - in the morning it is necessary to straighten out. Well, the oven was such that it was possible for the five pieces of heat at a time. But then fell out with the production manager. He told me bluntly said: "You will not find a job here." I chat with him called to his friends in Tula - I asked if they needed a blacksmith. And it turned out that we needed. I do eleven specialties, so that without work will not stay.
Under the blows of the hammer lane obediently changes form, there are the first outlines of a knife.
- I was lucky to education. When seven years old, my grandfather gave me the ax and said: 'All grown up. Now the wood - is your duty. " And so it was that I first began to chop, then - hack, and to twelve years laid her first bath. And to eighteen - the first house.
Victor takes out a new furnace luminous metal band and begins to make a loop out of it: puts one end on a chisel and a hammer tail separates into two bands. Then, quickly and accurately wielding a hammer, he sharpens each tail and turns it into a round curl.
- Well, how did you come in reconstruction? - I ask, knowing the passion of Victor military history.
- Somehow I went on an interesting festival. I liked it very much there: the guys are cut, historical costumes currently do. So, too, I decided to try. I used to be tightly engaged in martial arts, but then got injured and had to stop. It includes a hammer and starts thinned part of the future of the knife - to make the shank. When the hammer strikes subside, Victor tells his teacher of martial arts first explained how to treat injuries, sprains and strains, and then moved on to the development of combat techniques, "Here you are maimed each other, and lift on his feet you will have no one to" .
"Look, now would be interesting. Few cut off the workpiece to the hammer, and I so prefer - receive accurate and can be done alone "
- I got in a fight between the heel fins. Coach right there my vertebrae in place the right - I do not lay any day. But he is not a doctor and not a magician: one morning I woke up and could not get up. I went to the doctor to address, because they do not believe that I'll come to them. Almost to the disabled is not recorded.
Then I helped my grandfather one, do not know if still alive. I came to him, he told how and what. He forced me first to coach water and heat up the bath. Then there is the bath made out of bones and collected again.
While unfolding in front of me the life story of Victor, a strip of metal is gradually turned into a piece forged knife, and the other two - in the loop.
"Knife - dream reconstructor"
- And now we'll do a little souvenir for you - in memory. A simple thing, but from it all the artists trudge: say, modern art.
Victor digs into a pile of metal scraps and takes out a small rod. "That's out of it we'll make a beetle". He gives a piece of metal original form and then guides the chisel and commanded: Bey. A few strokes, and on the metal remain deep marks - wings, legs, points on the wings and eyes. "I'm doing these beetles children. Nothing complicated, but once you understand how to work with metal. "
- The fact that you can tie up a knife or a sword - that I already knew. But what usually ordinary people, not reenactors bought?
- Basically fireplace grates, tongs, a different tool. Sometimes bought things like forged decorative roses. I'm doing the grate - for me there will be a fairy tale "Boldly Buzzing Fly". I did some sketches and zakazchitsa agreed to this. Well, then I can come up with: it is my story, and I will fill its details.
On the way out of the forge, we had a long talk about everything in a row: Forest and pictures of animals and hunting of reenactors and history of Russia. "I have an unusual name for the Great Ustyug, and so just keep track of the pedigree. I know that in my family was not serfs. All were free people, and all - the master. "
And I can say for sure: Victor continues worthy traditions of their ancestors.