Neo-Gothic and Masonic secrets: the top 5 estates near Moscow
We spread around Moscow necklace old manor houses. However, the majority of them are gradually falling into disrepair and collapse in vain waiting for restoration. Watch for the elusive beauty of the Noble Nest is best in the coming weeks, when full of bright colors leaving summer historic parks and gardens reminiscent of the former splendor.
Manor bulls Marino
Bykovo, Ramenskoye district, Moscow region
Free entrance to the park, the palace is closed.
Its unique appearance Moscow estate bulls Marino owes the hurt pride of the owner - General-Lieutenant and actual privy councilor Michael Izmailov. Empress Catherine II, in 1775 visiting his favorite possessions, complained routine home Izmailov.
Velmozhny host swallowed insult, but soon invited his subordinate Vasily Bazhenov (Izmailov was in charge of the construction of new buildings in the Kremlin), with instructions to build an estate of first class. So there was a landscaped park with ponds, a winter garden, a gazebo and grotto. Also architect told to pour the hill on which built the manor house. Even at Izmailovo, in memory of his beloved wife Maria, in 1789, it was built for the unique architecture of Russian neo-Gothic church of Our Lady of Vladimir. Since the end of XVIII century the fame of the beautiful manor thundered throughout Russia. We inherited the estate Vorontsov-Dashkov, and in the middle of the XIX century manor house was rebuilt in the style of English castles.
Now a magnificent palace red brick, although worth boarded up, but still impressive. Also, up to now reached fairly sprawling park (though without the famous avenue of black roses), built by Bazhenov on a small island in the middle of the pond "gazebo three philosophers" and the current church, open to all comers.
Znamenskoye Gubaylovo Manor
Moscow region, Krasnogorsk, st. Red hill
The heyday of the estate Znamenskoye Gubaylovo located on lands of the old boyar estates, connected with the name of General-in-Chief Prince Vasily Dolgorukov-Crimean, got his nickname for taking part in the capture of Perekop and Kefy (Feodosia) during the Russian-Turkish war of 1768-74 years.
Old Znamensky church, manor center, built in the early years of the reign of a minor of Peter I, then rebuilt in the 70 years of XVIII century under Catherine II, when a retired Prince Vasili do arrangement of the estate. There is evidence that the Empress with Tsarevich Paul was present at the consecration of the Church of Holy Virgin December 21, 1773 was present. To the present day church, which is clearly visible from the Volokolamsk Highway, it came after a global reconstruction in neo-Russian style of the early 1900s.
At the time of Prince Dolgoruky was laid out and landscaped park with a cascade of ponds, built the main house, and a pair of wings overhead 1780s, which were overbuilt the second floor in the beginning of XX century.
In the 1812 war in the mansion housed a military hospital, and the dead soldiers were buried nearby at spontaneous necropolis near the church.
In the early twentieth century in the estate, which was owned by the family of the factory owners then Polyakova, going Russian Symbolists. Maecenas Sergey Polyakov, founder of the publishing house "Ckorpion", collected in Gubaylovo poets "Silver Age", stayed here Bryusov, Konstantin Balmont and Andrew White, and artists "Blue Rose" Sergey and Vasily Sudeikin Milioti. From that time the chapel remained in art nouveau style.
Today preserved in the main house located Children and Youth Creativity Center, a park, though exposed to elemental cutting, but still beautiful.
Solnechnogorsk district, Moscow region
Entrance for adults 100 rubles
Ancient noble estate near the village of Serednikovo lucky. Her rented, renovated the front house with outbuildings, greenhouses, stables (only about a dozen historic buildings), and put in order the regular park with a system of ponds and bridges.
Investors attracted by the fact that the mansion, built in the classical style, is closely linked with the name of Mikhail Lermontov. Since 1825 the estate belonged to the family of Stolypin, the nearest relatives grandmother Lermontov Elizabeth Alekseevna Arsenieva. Therefore, a poet, as a student, then spent the summer holidays from 1829 to 1831.
It is here that Lermontov walked, fell in love and wrote and wrote a lot. One of the most famous poems of this period - "Desire". In 1882, the estate passed to Vera Firsanova, a great admirer of Lermontov. She ordered the artist Victor Shtember painted ceiling marble oval hall on the theme of "The Demon", and in honor of the centenary of the birth of the poet has established an obelisk. By the way, the nearest railway station, Firsanovka, was built on its funds.
After the transfer Serednikovo rent in 1995 the estate was opened museum, restaurant, stables and even kinogorod with decorations England XVIII century. And let the restoration sometimes resembles renovation, from the rest of the collapsing nests of the gentry Serednikovo looks quite decent.
Yaropolets Manor (Chernyshev)
Yaropolets, Volokolamsk district, Moscow region
In the temple are conducted restoration work, the palace is surrounded by a fence, but you can get through.
To the north-west of Volokolamsk slowly die one of the most mysterious palaces - Finca Yaropolets (Chernyshev). Luxurious estate of Catherine's grandees, Mason Zakhar Chernyshev, was laid in the 1760s, and became known as the Russian Versailles. As in Versailles, in the mansion were alley-rays, and a magnificent park with a theater and a mosque, which was built in honor of the world Kucuk Kaynarca peace with Turkey.
The palace was built in the early classicist style, with motifs of French rococo. The manor ensemble came and dvukupolnaya Kazan Church with burial vault Chernyshev, two of which were connected by a gallery. The left part of it was used strictly as an Orthodox temple, and the right, according to some researchers - for meetings of the Masonic lodge, as evidenced by numerous symbols of a secret society.
During the Great Patriotic War the manor was severely damaged, destroyed the roof and facade of the palace, shells struck the ceiling of the church. But even the remnants of former greatness ruinirovannye staggering.
The estate is known for Pushchino scribe books from the time of Ivan the Terrible, and the first stone manor house in the classical style appeared on the high bank of the Oka in the late XVIII through the efforts of a retired Major Jacob Artsybashev. But talking about Pushchino, when it became the mistress of the general's Nastasya D. Ofrosimova that was in affinity with half aristocratic Moscow. It is this eccentric mistress all learned in Hlestova, svoyachnitse Famusov of Griboyedov comedy "Woe from Wit". Its glory was such that in the memoirs of the XIX century is often referred to the owner of the Pushchino estate. In 1826 he moved to the fourth son of the general's - Colonel Andrey Pavlovich Ofrosimovu, participants in the war against Napoleon. And his wife, Ekaterina (née Roman-Korsakov) became the new owner of Pushchino. Composer Alexander Alyabyev was fascinated Ofrosimovoy, before her marriage, and often stayed at the estate, devoting a great hostess their creations. It Puschino in 1836 he wrote "The Italian aria for violin and piano". After her husband's death, Ekaterina has agreed to become the wife of the composer, but Pushchino - lost, her in-laws forced to abandon possessions. Then, one of the owners of the estate were Moscow patron of Pearl, the owner of the famous Chinese tea shop. He mansion owes the appearance of magnificent orchards, of which the famous cooked jam for tea. Each of the subsequent owners engaged in reworking the house and garden: one with stucco portico was attached, who instead of linden alley of poplar planted, who will expand the ponds and verandah. Until 1971, the estate lived peacefully rural hospital, and a few years later, Nikita Mikhalkov took off here, "Unfinished Piece for Mechanical Piano". They say that inside the boarded houses can still be found the remains of the scenery.
Now the manor house with partly preserved stucco and remnants of stone statues that adorned the once input, hidden among century-old linden trees and overgrown bushes. The weeds were drowned and outbuildings, stables, aviary, service wing. Without a convenient and non-marking shoes clothes in this place is off limits.